Tuesday 4 January 2011

My sewing space

I saw Shruti from 13 Woodhouse Road asking for guest posts on sewing spaces. It got me thinking about the need to have one designated place for my forays in the land of sewing.
My sewing space changes according to my moods and needs. If I am in the mood for hand stitching, my sewing space would be in front of the TV with all the soaps on. If I am using the sewing machine, it could be the master bedroom, my kid’s room or again in front of the TV.  Where I sew also depends upon whether I am in the mood for much cleaning later on. If I do not wish to clear the mess I would rather sew away in my daughter’s room. She is 2 and a half and doesn’t really mind the mess.  I like the fact that I have a portable machine which gives me the freedom to sit and sew wherever I can (Well, considering I have a two bedroom house, I do not really have a lot of optional spaces). I embroider more than I sew so I do not mind the lack of a designated place yet....

1 comment:

  1. I can certainly relate to your words on this post. I also like to hand embroidery in my favorite chair where I can watch a movie in the late night hours. I so have a corner where I have moved my sewing machine and all other creative things to do my work in. Sometimes, weather permitting, I work out on the porch and watch the wildlife. Oh, I love your embroidered flowers on your last post! Lovely! blessings,Kathleen

    ReplyDelete