Wednesday 28 December 2011

Coming clean!


I have a confession. In spite of pretending otherwise…..I am still a novice quilter. I do understand all the quilting terms and techniques when I read them but I am scared to try most of them.  When I see other quilters working wonders with fabric…I am scared some more. I yearn for their confidence. So far my forte has been quilting embroidery centric projects. My sewing machine is a basic Janome that doesn’t come with a walking foot and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to drop the feed dogs on this one. I guess it doesn’t have that option. (I have read all the manuals and it doesn’t mention dropping the feed dogs anywhere.) This year made a lot of new friends in the quilting land. One such friend, Shruti, became a major inspiration and a mentor whom I can ask any question without thinking I might sound silly.  Check out her blog for some awesome stuff! 

No comments:

Post a Comment